1 pkg tofu, silken, firm (lite)
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 loaf whole-grain bread
1. Place in a blender: tofu, water, maple syrup, and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a flat-bottom dish
2. Preheat a nonstick griddle or frying pan.
3. Dip on slice of bread in blended tofu mixture, making sure slice of bread is thoroughly coated on both sides.
4. Place dipped bread on hot skillet. Cook until golden brown. Flip, and repeat until second side is golden brown.
5. Repeat with the remaining bread slices until all of the tofu batter is used up.
~Serve fresh and hot with fruit as a topping such as applesauce, pears, berries, etc.